Coach G is entering her 26th year of coaching at Allen High School, and is currently teaching Financial Math at the High School. Under her direction, Allen Volleyball has made 22 playoff appearances with 8 Regional and 2 State showings. Coach G is originally from Arvada Colorado where she played volleyball, basketball, and soccer for her school team. She went on to play volleyball for Texas Tech University where she was named to the Academic All-American team for two years. After graduating with a B.S. in Education Minor in Mathematics and Communications, she moved back to Colorado to teach, coach and run a Dairy Queen. Missing the warmer weather, Coach G moved back to Texas in 1990 and has been here ever since.
Coaching Career Summary
- Career Coaching Record: Allen HS 737-274 - District Record 265-90
- 26 Years Allen High School Volleyball Coach
- 12-Time District Coach of the Year
- Graduate Texas Tech University
- GTE Academic All-American Volleyball Team 2 Years
Club coaching Experience
- 2 Year Coaching Frisco Flyers
- 2017/18 Qualified Junior Nationals 17s
- 2018/19 Qualified for Junior Nationals 16s and 18s
- 8 Years Coaching Skyline Juniors Volleyball Club
- 2 Years Coaching North Dallas Juniors Volleyball Club
- 2 Years Coaching Mid-Cities Volleyball Club
- 2 Years Coaching Volleyball, Basketball & Soccer - Lakeview Centenniel HS - Garland, TX
- 2 Years Coaching Volleyball - Arvada HS - Arvada, CO
"What great things one could achieve if they knew they would not fail"
"What you know doesn't mean anything. It's what YOU DO consistently that matters. Consistency is the mark of a champion"
Allen High School Varsity Head Coach (26 Years) /Total coaching exp. 30 years
Math Teacher (total 30 years)
I believe in training technique and having a good foundation to the game. I want to share with athletes the passion that I have for the game and the love of competing. I am very competitive and love to win but even more I like to see the athletes grow not only in their volleyball skills but as individuals and as teammates. I want players to know what success feels like but also be able to learn from defeat and know that if they gave 100% that they have still won. I want to help push athletes to accomplish beyond what they thought was possible. To achieve and be the person they were meant to be.
Years With Club